First Online: October 01, 2004
Page Last Updated: February 20, 2013
As Kamat's Potpourri website grew (see timeline),
we received more and more requests to publish articles on lesser known towns and villages of
India, and hence we are starting this never ending project of publishing stories and
pictures of different towns and villages of India.
If you want your town listed here, please send us a note at .
Hometown Stories and Pictures
- The Town of Honavar
- Memoirs of Mysore -- Jyotsna Kamat recalls experiences as a Central Government employee trying to make peace with angry local activists in Memoirs of Mysore
- Dharwad -- Dharwad is the home of delicious phedas, delicate Kasuti saris, of Hindustani classical music, and a seat of learning.
- Old Town Belagola
- Town of Udupi -- Photo album of the elephants, temples, arts, and people of the town of Udupi in Karnataka
- Dancing for the Gods -- In the remote village of Gundabala, a classical performance of Yakshagana is played for the appeasement of Lord Hanuman every night for eight months.
- The Town of Bhatkal
- Jain Center of Haduvalli -- A quiet and desolate village now, Haduvalli (formerly known as Sangeetpur and Hadolli) is home to precious Jain monuments and history.
- The Village of Plassey