Computing, Libraries, Tennis, India & other interests of Vikas Kamat
|Review of Madrid Open Website|| |
| Please add the website of Madrid-Tennis-Open to the
Websites that Suck.
Such a website is a waste of the reader's time, waste of the sponsor's money.
BTW who approved this fatso logo?
It is always easy to criticize someone else's work, so I hereby provide specifics on how to improve it for next year
- First of all, what's up with the horizontal scroll? Vertical
scroll, people know how to use. Nobody likes horizontal scroll forced upon
them. (Of the 100,000 pages or so that I have designed, there is only one
page that uses horizontal
scrolling, that also I've done with great sense of guilt)
- Why do I have to choose English language each time? Guys, create
separate micro-sites for each language (like Wikipedia) so people can
- I click on Schedule, and nothing happens
- Livescore opens up a new window. Most people these days have pop-up
blockers, so they will think that it is not working.
- The top menu Mens Sites and Women's sites has different types of data in
the hover menus.
- Instead of providing information, the website designers think people are
going to come to the site to admire their creativity. Guys, I have bad news
for you. That is true of zero websites.
Never mind the website. I am so excited about tomorrow's Federer-Nadal final -- hopefully a preview of French Open Final!
|(Comments Disabled for Now. Sorry!)||First Written: Saturday, May 16, 2009|
Last Modified: 5/16/2009 10:42:51 PM
|This is how I surf the web. Turns out
creating your own start page beats all portals, back-flipping,
personalized corporate pages, and book-marking tools.