Computing, Libraries, Tennis, India & other interests of Vikas Kamat
|War Imminent on the Sub-continent ?|| |
| War Imminent on the Sub-continent|
This morning the Islamic terrorists (with apology to my father,
who taught me to never use the word. "Terrorism has no religion" - he'd say)
caused fresh trouble in Kashmir.
In January, I'd written: Waiting for Robin Moor, and how a small trigger is all that is needed for a war.
Just look at the conditions on the sub-continent:
- A Military dictator in power in Pakistan.
- A weak Government in India under heavy fundamentalist pressure.
- Israel has demonstrated that "It's OK" to perform excesses in the name of anti-terrorism.
- The winter has thawed on the Indo-Pak border.
- The large number of mercenaries recruited by Taliban/Al-Queda, but
let go by the USA during
Enduring Freedom, need employment.
I am not saying I want war. I am saying that there will be war.
See Also: Kashmir FAQ
|(Comments Disabled for Now. Sorry!)||First Written: Tuesday, May 14, 2002|
Last Modified: 1/29/2003
|This is how I surf the web. Turns out
creating your own start page beats all portals, back-flipping,
personalized corporate pages, and book-marking tools.