| XML-RPC Server for Indian Blogs|
After listening to Srijith and Kiruba, I have added a XML-RPC server and a XML-RPC client to Blog Portal. I haven't yet documented it, but it will work just like Weblog.com's ping interface.
Use of XML-RPC Client:
Starting now, if you ping blog portal, the updates will percolate to weblogs.com.
Use of XML-RPC Server:
Here's a specimen request to automate pinging of Kamat Blog Portal:
Now I am taking name suggestions for this server.
I thought of reusing the name Narad, my retired crawler. So the XML-RPC path would be http://kamat.org/community/narad.
5:30 PM Some suggestions recieved: Makdee, Jal, BlogTrickle, BlogDalal, Remocon.
7:45 PM I have called the XML-RPC Server as Remokon. Here are more details on how to use it.
- The URI is http://www.kamat.org/community/remocon.asp
- It takes two parameters, both strings, first one is a blog URL, and the second one is a Pickup line.
- ping(BlogURL,PickupLine) returns a message whether or not the ping was successful.
- PickupLine is a oneliner you can use to entice readers to your latest entry. If you use a blog tool with BlogPostTitle property, it can be the BlogPostTitle. FYI, the Blog Portal already knows the Titleof the Blog, its keywords,and annotation. It is my belief that a combination of editor-reviewed blogs, and author-submitted pings would constitute a worthwhile portal.
- For more details, read Weblog.com's API
- Report defects to me via email at
I also like Srijith's idea of an email interface to the blog portal. I have already implemented it, but I am not so sure if I should publicize the address, due to fear of spam.
Read my blogs on the blogs
New Contents at Kamat's Potpourri
Checkout my tacky new icon for Weblogs
|(Comments Disabled for Now. Sorry!)||First Written: Tuesday, December 17, 2002|
Last Modified: 1/30/2003