Computing, Libraries, Tennis, India & other interests of Vikas Kamat
|Cheapskate's Valentine's|| |
| Cheapskate Valentines|
Everybody is busy commercializing romance on Valentine's Day, so here are
some tips (all are real, as told by real men) for those who don't believe in
material (or who are cheap like me). I'm not against materialism, just against
- Go with your significant other to the greeting shop, pick a card you
like and let her pick one. You go to the next isle, read it, feel the
romance, and then put the card back in the shelf.
- Tell her that "Everyday is a St. Valentine's Day", so nothing
- "Only those who are insecure pay $50 for roses. I'll buy them next
week honey, when they're regular price at $12"
- "All my money is your money darling. Let's not squander it"
- "Can I bank my Valentine's Day gift for you?"
I honestly think some tips above are romantic -- 2nd and 4th bullets are
pretty cool -- if you meant them. It all depends on your mate, I guess.
Some Interesting Links
|(Comments Disabled for Now. Sorry!)||First Written: Friday, February 14, 2003|
Last Modified: 2/14/2003
|This is how I surf the web. Turns out
creating your own start page beats all portals, back-flipping,
personalized corporate pages, and book-marking tools.