Computing, Libraries, Tennis, India & other interests of Vikas Kamat
|Clustered Blog Hosting|| |
| Blogging in a Clustered Environment|
One of the sites using SimplyBlog in a clustered environment has a
problem. The pictures they upload do not get deployed to all the servers in their
cluster (the blog entries are no problem, since they originate from a database).
Other than configuring the different servers with FTP, does anyone have an idea
how to do this in a Microsoft's Load-balanced (WLBS) environment?
- Perform a POST to each of the servers in the cluster (somebody then has to
keep a track of which server is in, and which is out of the cluster)
- Write a Sync service (like the Unix's rsync)
- Store pictures in the database
I don't like any one them. There's gotta be an easier way, like xcopy of
something that can be called via Active Server Pages. Please send your tips to
. Thank you!
Deepak suggests uploading the image to a nonLB server, and then using FSO to deploy to all LB Servers.
- The 16th Annual 2003 Purandara Dasa and Thyagaraja Music festival will be held SSVT Auditorium in Lanham, Maryland on April 25-27th 2003.
- The Fifth North American Konkani Convention will be held in Southern Californa on 4th of July weekend in 2004.
|(Comments Disabled for Now. Sorry!)||First Written: Friday, April 4, 2003|
Last Modified: 4/6/2003
|This is how I surf the web. Turns out
creating your own start page beats all portals, back-flipping,
personalized corporate pages, and book-marking tools.