Computing, Libraries, Tennis, India & other interests of Vikas Kamat
|America's Pet Culture|| |
| A recent issue of Delta's Sky Magazine has a feature on America's
Fascination with Pets. It is a very nice article. |
Some highlights are listed with my comments italicized.
- 58% of pet owners visit their veterinarian more of ten then they visit
their own physicians. Guilty as charged.
- 78% owners talk to their pets -- in a voice different than their normal
voice, 62% celebrate the pet's birthday. Guilty as charged,
- 28% owners have toothbrush for their dog. Of course, how else can you
clean her teeth (so you can kiss her/kissed by her)?
- 33% owners talk to their dogs via telephone or leave messages. I
haven't left messages, but we do talk to TinTin on phone. TinTin does the same thing
my grandma did when she was first introduced to the telephone -- turn her
face towards the telephone to make eye contact. It is really funny.
- 58% of dog owners have taken a day off to care for a pet. Well, TinTin is
still a puppy and so far hasn't gotten that sick yet.
|(Comments Disabled for Now. Sorry!)||First Written: Wednesday, January 19, 2005|
Last Modified: 1/19/2005 11:10:59 PM
|This is how I surf the web. Turns out
creating your own start page beats all portals, back-flipping,
personalized corporate pages, and book-marking tools.