Computing, Libraries, Tennis, India & other interests of Vikas Kamat
|2006 Australian Open Roundup|| |
| Australian Open Roundup
- Agassi and Nadal are being sorely missed. The rebuilt, superslow-but-bounce-high surface would have helped Nadal a great deal.
- Richard Gasquet, Gael Monfills, Andrew Murray (all heralded as "Future of Tennis") were very disappointing.
- Early exits for Sania Mirza (2nd round), Paradorn Srichapan (1st round) meant that the "Grand Slam of the Asia-Pacific" was without adequate representation from Asia-Pacific.
- The William sisters also lost early -- the first time both of them lost in the first week in any grand-slam (?) event.
- Federer's got game -- or TMG (Too Much Game) as Pat McEnroe calls it. Great five setter against Tommy Haas will just help him peak this weekend.
- Hingis is Back -- Martina Hingis is back from retirement (she's only 25) and looks good.
- My prediction (or rather wish) is for a Federer-Ljubicic final in men's (to be won by Federer) and Lindsey-Clijsters in women's (to be won by Davenport).
- Link to Australian Open Website.
Update: Ljubicic and Davenport have lost, so my prediction is 50% wrong already.
© Vikas Kamat
Venus Williams looking for her lost mojo
Satire of American Express' Lost Mojo Campaign.
Picture adapted from American Express Advertisement
|(Comments Disabled for Now. Sorry!)||First Written: Monday, January 23, 2006|
Last Modified: 1/25/2006 8:08:56 AM
|This is how I surf the web. Turns out
creating your own start page beats all portals, back-flipping,
personalized corporate pages, and book-marking tools.