Summary: Do not try to profit from our work; and we are not
liable for errors and omissions.
The contents of Kamat's
Potpourri represent extensive field work, research and photography done by
the author(s) over 40 years and are the sole
property of the authors. Under no circumstances will the contents of Kamat's
Potpourri be duplicated, stored in another media, distributed, or resold except for these
purposes: to quote from, to use as a reference, to write critiques and
Transfer to an electronic medium for the purposes
of distributing (networking) within a closed or open community (school libraries, online
forums) is prohibited unless licensed from the author or his agents. Please
contact Vikas Kamat at with your requests.
The text and graphic content of Kamat's Potpourri may be used for review,
educational purposes ,and for excerption only under following
- The content is used for non-commercial
- Copyright information is displayed (Copyright
© 1996-2010, Kamat's Potpourri. All Rights Reserved.)
- The pictures and the stories are not modified.
- If used online, a link must be provided to http://www.kamat.com
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- We receive a number of requests for permission
to link to our site. We welcome your links. No permission is needed to link.
If you link to us, it does not mean we endorse the linker's content,
activities, or views.
- You CAN print the web pages as they are
(without modifications) and distribute during class projects, presentations,
cultural events etc. However, you SHOULD NOT charge a fee for it when done
so -- not even duplicating costs.
- We also receive requests to advertise. Please contact Burst
our rate card/details. Syndication
requests (license our content for use in your website/magazine) are also welcome.
- More Answers: FAQ, Colophon,
For Webmasters, Privacy
Policy For Advertisers
FAIR USE: ACCEPTABLE USAGE OF OUR CONTENT
We certainly want you to share this website and its contents with your
classmates, friends, and family. The following types of use of our
contents is welcome.
© Kamat's Potpourri
Picture Courtesy: www.kamat.com
(Small Font OK)
(Use of Picture Stubs OK)
- If your design layout does not allow for
separate text, add a watermark with the text www.kamat.com
- If you are a not-for-profit group,
institution or an individual who wants to enhance your paper/website, and
provide the credits as explained.
- HTML framing of our pages if your frame header does not contain commercial
NOT ACCEPTABLE USAGE OF OUR CONTENT
- Separation of usage of our contents with credits. You cannot
use our content on one page and provide credits on a separate page. It
should be clear to your reader which content is yours and which is ours.
- Modifying pictures to create derived works.
- HTML Framing of our pages if your frame header contains a commercial
- Linking only to our pictures or embedding of our pictures in your pages
(a.k.a. bandwidth stealing)
- Any other creative ways to make a profit from our work/contents.
NOTICES & DISCLAIMERS
- The maps are not cartographically and
politically correct. They are drawn by the author for easier understanding
of the context.
- This website includes images from Corel
Professional Stock which are protected by copyright laws of the U.S.,
Canada, and elsewhere. Used under license.
- This website includes images from Corbis-Bettmann collection which are protected by copyright laws of the U.S.,
Canada, and elsewhere. Used under license.
- We are not responsible for any errors (see Errata),
omissions or representations on any of our pages or on any links on any of
our pages. The software, search tools, search results, citation
databases, screen savers,
and photo quilts are provided as is, without implied or other warranties.
- We do not endorse in anyway, any advertisers
on our web pages.
- The contents of KälaRanga (The Timeless Theater), Geographica
Indica, and Kamat's Potpourri
are comments of one individual only and are not meant to generalize.
- The contents of Kamat Research Database features abstracts of research
papers conducted by third party scholars, and photographs by third party
photographers. We are unable to assist with copyright clearing of contents
not copyrighted by us.
- The opinions contained in AnthoBLOGy and Amma's Column are that of the
respective authors only.
- The contents were documented over five decades
and some of the descriptions made by the author may not be present in the
locations mentioned due to cultural, political and economic influences.
- We believe that Kamat's Potpourri is an important historical and
cultural archive, and we have retained the
usage of some terms for
historical reason, which have since become politically incorrect. We
sometimes have retained old names, old spellings, and old maps for this
A NOTE ABOUT STAMPS
Kamat's Potpourri has one of the largest collection of Stamps of India. Our
image licensing policy is same of the stamps -- please do not use our images of
stamps if you can credit where you got it from -- collect your own stamps, which
we encourage; please do not steal ours.
From time to time, we clarify our policy. Here are some blog entries: