National Geographic Articles on India
by Vikas Kamat
||For over a hundred years, National Geographic Magazine
has been a premier and authentic source of
socio-anthropological information about every country and region of the
have abstracted each and every article published by National Geographic
on India dating back to 1900.
A wonderful resource with custom abstracts written by Kamat editorial
Abstracts of Articles on India from National Geographic
- Kashmir and Tibet: comparing conflicts, states, and solutions by McGranahan Carole
- Asia's Last Lions by Klum, Mattias
- Indus Civilization: Clues To an Ancient Puzzle by Edwards, Mike (Author) and Olson, Randy (Photographer)
- Bombay: India's Capital of Hope by McCarry, John (Author) and McCurry Steve (Photographer)
- In the Wake of Sindbad by Severin, Timothy (Author)and Greenhill Richard (Photographer)
- Silver: A Mineral of Excellent Nature by Boraiko Allen A. (Author) and Ward Fred (Photographer)
- Bombay, the Other India by Scofield John (Author) and Singh Raghubir (Photographer)
- Triumph and Tragedy on Annapurna by Blum Arlene
- Ladakh--The Last Shangrila by Abercrombie, Thomas J.
- Purdah in India: Life Behind the Veil by Jacobson Doranne Wilson
- The Rat, Lapdog of the Devil by Canby Thomas Y. and Stanfield James L.
- The Pageant of Rajasthan by Singh Raghubir
- India Struggles to Save Her Widlife by Putman, John J.(Author) ,Bedi Rajesh,Breeden Stanley,and (Wright Belinda Photographers)
- The Last Andaman Islanders by Singh Raghubir
- Can the World Feed Its People? by Canby, Thomas Y. (Author) and Raymer, Steve (Photographer)
- Calcutta, India's Maligned Metropolis by White, Peter T. (Author) and Singh, Raghubir (Photographer)
- India's Enegetic Sikhs by Frazer, John E. (Author) and Blair, James P. (Photographer)
- The Ganges, River of Faith by Putman John J., and Singh Raghubir
- Orissa, Past and Promise in an Indian State by McDowell, Bart (Author) and Blair, James P. (Photographer)
- The Cobra, India's "Good Snake" by Miller Harry, Bedi Naresh, and Bedi Rajesh
- Wild Elephant Roundup in India by Miller, Harry and Blair, James P.
- In the Footsteps of Alexander the Great by Schreider Frank, Schreider Helen, and Lovell, Tom
- Ceylon, the Resplendent Land by Grosvenor, Donna Kerkam and Grosvenor, Gilbert M.
- India in Crisis by Scofield John
- Enchantress! by Reed, Theodore H. (Author) and Abercrombie, Thomas J. (Photographer)
- From the Hair of Siva by Schreider, Frank and Schreider, Helen
- Afoot in Roadless Nepal by Hagen, Toni
- Kashmir: The Emperor's Private Garden: by Cameron, Nigel(Author) and Brake, Brian (Photographer)
- Mysore Celebrates the Death of a Demon by Bouchage, Luc and Ylla (Camilla Koffler)
- The Elephants and I by Chaturvedi, M. D.
- Stalking the Great Indian Rhino by Talbot, Lee Merriam
- Himalayan Pilgrimage by Rand, Christopher
- New Life for India's Villagers by Chapelle, Anthony and Chapelle, Dickey
- Roaming India's Naga Hills by Ripley, S. Dillon
- At World's End in Hunza by Shor, Franc and Shor, Jean
- India's Sculptured Temple Caves by Wentzel, Volkmar
- Pakistan, New Nation in an Old Land by Shor, Franc and Shor, Jean
- Caught in the Assam-Tibet Earthquake by Kingdon-Ward, F.
- A Journey to Little Tibet by Bhavnani, Enakshi (Author) and Wentzel, Volkmar (Photographer)
- Feudal Splendor Loingers in Rajaputana by Volkmar Wentzel
- Delhi, Capital of a New Dominion by Phillips Talbot, Volkmar Wenztel
- Across Tibet from India to China by Tolstoy, Ilia (Author) and Cutting, C. Suydam (Photographer)
- India Mosaic by Muir Frances,Muir Peter Upton, and Williams Maynard Owen
- South of Khyber Pass by Williams Maynard Owen
- India's Treasures Helped the Allies by Fischer John
- Manipur - Where Japan Struck at India by Heaney G.F.
- India - Yesteday, Today, and Tommorrow by Halifax Lord
- New Delhi Goes Full Time by Williams, Maynard Owen
- Life with an Indian Prince by Craighead, Frank, Jr. and Craighead, John
- In the Realms of the Maharajas by Thaw, Margaret S. and Thaw, Lawrence Copley
- Nature's Most Amazing Animal (Elephant) by Edmund Heller
- The Fire-walking Hindus of Singapore by Lewis Elizabeth L.
- On the World's Highest Plateaus: Through an Asiatic No Man's Land to the Desert of Ancient Cathay by Terra, Hellmut de (Author) and Bosshard, W. (Photographer)
- The Oriental Pageantry Of Northern India by Morden, Florence H. (Author) and Knott, Francis Price (Photographer)
- The Pathfinder Of The East by Hildebrand Jesse Richardson
- Streets and Palaces of Colorful India by Grosvenor, Gilbert Hovey (Author) and Courtellemont, Gervais (Photographer)
- Tiger Hunting in India by Mitchell William
- Through the Heart of Hindustan: A Teeming Highway Extending for Fifteen Hundred Miles, from the Khyber Pass to Calcutta by Williams, Maynard Owen
- The Marble Dams of Rajputana by Maddock, Eleanor (Author) and Chapin, William Wisner (Photographer)
- A Pilgrimage To Amernath, Himalayan Shrine Of The Hindu Faith by Jessop, Louise Ahl
- Nepal: A Little Known Kingdom by White John Claude
- The Marriage of Gods by Banninga John J.
- Religious Penances and Punishments Self-inflicted by the Holy Men of India by Zumbro W.M.
- The Most Extraordinary City in the World: Notes on Lhasa--The Mecca of the Buddhist Faith by Chuan, Shaoching H.
- The Indian Census of 1911 by Banninga John J.
- Race and Prejudice in the Far East by Stone Meliville E.
- Duke of the Abruzzi in the Himalayas by Greely, Adolphus Washington
- The Madura Temples by Chandler J.S.
- The Bathing and Burning Ghats at Banares by Scidmore Eliza R.
- The Tsangpo by Hubbard, James Mascarene
- A German Route to India by Grosvenor Gilbert Hovey
- Royal Wedding at Jaisalmer by Silverstone Marilyn
- Pakistan: Problems of a Two-part Land by Keating, Bern (Author) and Moldvay, Albert (Photographer)
- Mounatintop War in Remote Ladakh by Garrett Wilbur E.
- High Adventure in the Himalayas by Weir, Thomas (Author) and Scott, Douglas (Photographer)
- East Pakistan Drives Back the Jungle by Shor, Franc and Shor, Jean
- The British Commonwealth of Nations by Underwood Eric
- Outwitting the Water Demons of Kashmir by Dunlap Maurice Pratt
- India's Maha Kumbh Mela Draws Millions: Sacred Space, Sacred Time by Heiderer, Tony