First Online: November 01, 2004
Page Last Updated: October 31, 2016
Download SimplyBlog.zip file and unzip to a folder
(say SimplyBlog/) where you want SimplyBlogs Installed (hopefully a
folder that is served by a Microsoft IIS)
Create a Microsoft SQL Server (version 7 or 2000) database, or open an existing one.
- Open a connection to the database via Microsoft Query
Open SimplyBlogCreate.txt file via File Open and then Execute (F5)
Open the file admin/globals.asp and change the g_ConnStr to the connection string to the database.
That's it !
You can start blogging via connecting to the folder via a browser.
The /admin folder underneath serves as the editing and management interface. The
initial login is SimplyBlog and the password is SimplyBlog.
Example: If you installed SimplyBlog in a folder called c:/Inetput/www/SimplyBlog
your example blog
will take you to the editor
To create multiple blogs, add new rows to the ccBlogs table. Each blog must have its own Admin
- To create blogs with multiple authors, add new rows to ccLogins table
- To integrate with your existing shortcuts, or glossary databases, look the procedure
To allow IP based authentication, look at AssertAuth() function. You can hardcode the IP or read it
from a database table.
- More tinkering help here.
- Answers to some Frequently Asked Questions are here.