- An adjustable opening, such as a hole, or a window.
- The part of the camera that controls the amount of light passing
through the lens.
- The act of opening (as in nostrils) to let fresh air in.
- A new photo blog at Kamat's Potpourri about photography, and
appreciation of photography
We have three specific goals for this blog:
- Most importantly, we want this blog to celebrate the photographic subjects
in our vast photo archive.
- We'd like to share the tricks of photographers, of photography, and
of improving image quality.
- Lastly, we want to honor the efforts of the photographer, by appreciating
the initiative taken to document the experience.
As part of goal (2), we would include our non-photographic images, which were created based on a photograph. You will see object
photography, nature photography, digital photography, and darkroom techniques.
Finally we would include what I'd call photo-poem duets that bond two unrelated
art forms into a story.
Had Kamat lived, he would have turned 68 today. To his fond memory, we
dedicate this first-of-its-kind photo blog.
-The Kamat family
First Created: Sunday, September 29, 2002
Last Updated: 9/29/2002