Computing, Libraries, Tennis, India & other interests of Vikas Kamat
|Top 10 Dialogs|| |
| Top 10 Dialogues from Indian Movies|
(Transalated to English)
As expected, many people wrote to me about my blog on
Why I do not watch Bollywood.
I still stand my ground, and to further redicule Bollywood, I am
listing below the English translations of some of the most common dialogues
from Hindi movies.
- "I am going to be the mother of your child"
("main tumhaare bachche ki maan banne waali hoon.")
- "Lord, I have never asked anything from you till now.."
("Bhagwan mainey tumse aaj tak kuch nahin maanga.....")
- "Everybody stop taking law into your own hands!"
("Rukjao! kanoon ko apne haath mein mat lo")
- The villain, about to rape the heroine, "Nobody is going to come here to save your honor"
("Yahan teri izzat bachane koi nahi ayega")
- "Address me as mother once before I die"
(" Ek baar mujhe maa kehkar pukaro beta")
- "Bodyguard, beat up this guy and throw him out!"
("Gurkha, isse dhakke maarke bahar nikaal do")
- "Save me from the rapist!"
- "Stop the wedding! This cannot happen!"
(" Thairo! Yeh shaadi nahin ho sakti !")
Ok, I said top 10, but there are only 8. See, I told you Bollywood was shallow. Rearrange the dialogues in different order and you get the storylines of over 250 Hindi movies
|(Comments Disabled for Now. Sorry!)||First Written: Saturday, October 13, 2001|
Last Modified: 10/14/2001
|This is how I surf the web. Turns out
creating your own start page beats all portals, back-flipping,
personalized corporate pages, and book-marking tools.