Computing, Libraries, Tennis, India & other interests of Vikas Kamat
|Monday Miscelleny|| |
| Someone Press the Turbo Button!|
In the 1980s Intel introduced dual clock-speed CPUs, and
to make an application run faster, you'd press the high-speed clock
switch, typically marked as the Turbo button.
I felt like calling CBS Sportsline guys yesterday and asking them
to press the turbo button. During the Sunday sports extravaganza of
yesterday (US-open finals, NFL opener), the site was hardly responding.
Finally I gave up on the Live Scoring.
SportsLine is the only online subscription that I pay for, and yesterday,
it was certainly not worth it. Can I get my money back?!
Least Used Features at Kamat.com
- The AutoBlog -- Among other things, it has a festival alert. That's how I
know tommorrow is Ganesh Utsav.
- The Adhika Prasangi Tool -- Find out what other people are
searching (kinda like Disturbing
Searches, but not so disturbing)
- Picture Exchange -- I have compiled a few electronic greeting cards, but
really, any of the 1100 or so pictures can be composed into a e-card.
- Remokon -- Our tool to retrieve offline content (content that is not on the web).
It is currently disabled due to poor usage, but
I'd like to reconfigure an old computer to serve up these requests.
Buy Kamat's Works
- Amazon has Free-shipping on Kamat's Timeless Theater CD-ROM
- InfoNiche in India (mail) now has an Indian edition of the CD-ROM. It can be purchased in Indian currency and
ships with Kamat PhotoQuilter tool.
- Two of Kamat's famous travelogues are now available in North America from Sahitya
Elephant Head Greeting Cards
Stained Glass Ganesh
|(Comments Disabled for Now. Sorry!)||First Written: Monday, September 09, 2002|
Last Modified: 6/6/2006 1:35:16 AM
|This is how I surf the web. Turns out
creating your own start page beats all portals, back-flipping,
personalized corporate pages, and book-marking tools.